Statement of Intent by the Managing Director
(1) The company will comply with the requirements of the Health and safety at Work Act 1974, and with all its statutory provisions. At Carlisle Brass, we believe health and safety is everyone’s responsibility to cooperate in following safe procedures, to report problems and make suggestions for improvement.
(2) Everyone in the company, or any outside contractors working on our site, are required by Health and Safety at Work Act 1974:
(a) To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and any other persons, who may be affected by their work
(b) To cooperate with their Line Managers, Supervisors, or any other person to comply with any safety duty or requirement expected of them
(c) Not to interfere with intentionally or recklessly, or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety, and welfare
(3) It is the responsibility of the Senior Team and all Managers to make sure that, safe methods and safe environmental conditions exist in their areas of responsibility. Managers shall make sure adequate precautions are taken to safeguard the health safety and welfare of those in their team and that of others to make sure they are not put at risk
(4) The overall accountability for Health and Safety at Work is owned by me, as the Managing Director. I have nominated Michelle McIntyre as Head of Operations, to be the person responsible for the day-to-day management, and as such, everyone is expected to assist her by keeping her informed of any reportable incidents, practice or occurrence that is a real or potential hazard to the health, safety, and wellbeing of everyone.
(5) This is our statement of intent for 2023 and will be reviewed annually along with the company Health and Safety Policy. Any changes to this statement or the Policy will be distributed to all colleagues and other interested parties if applicable.
Angus Grant, Managing Director.
Review Date: March 2023
The Company will regularly review this policy and reserves the right to amend as necessary in relation to business needs, statutory obligations and good practice.