Statement of Intent by the Managing Director
(1) The company will comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974, and with all of its statutory provisions. At Carlisle Brass we believe health & safety is everyone’s responsibility to cooperate in following safe procedures, report problems and make suggestions for improvement.
(2) Everyone in the company, or any outside contractors working in any of our sites, are required by the Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974;
(a) To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of any other persons, who may be affected by their work.
(b) To co-operate with their Managers, Supervisors or any other person to comply with any safety duty or requirement expected of them.
(c) Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
(3) It is the responsibility of the Senior Team and all Managers to make sure that safe methods and safe environmental conditions exist in their areas of responsibility. Managers need to make sure that adequate precautions are taken to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of those in their team and that of others to make sure they are not put at risk.
(4) The overall responsibility for the health and safety at work is mine as the Managing Director, and I have nominated Mr. Paul McConnell as Health and Safety Manager to be the person responsible for the day to day management and as such everyone is expected to assist him by keeping him informed of any incident, practice or occurrence that is a real or potential hazard to the health, safety and welfare to anyone.
(5) This is our statement of intent for 2018 and will be reviewed annually along with the Company Health and Safety Policy. Any changes to this statement or the Policy will be distributed to all colleagues and other interested parties if applicable
Angus Grant, Managing Director.
Review Date: April 2019
The Company will regularly review this policy and reserves the right to amend as necessary in relation to business needs, statutory obligations and good practice.